Thursday 26 November 2015

Bloody ridiculously lucky

Spoiler alert: if you read the title of this blog and thought The Cancer was about to be unveiled as a dream sequence,  sadly not.

On the plus side I don't know what I have done to deserve such an amazing,  fantastic,  kind,  warm bunch of people in my life but they're here and I feel so loved and so special.

Thank you for the phone calls, flowers,  food, impromptu visits, emails,  social media messages, linking me with friends or relatives in similar circumstances,  books, gifts....The list goes on.

My hugely talented friend, Sarah also made a video story for the girls and me about us all being princesses and mummy needing her positive pants! It's been such a hit in our house we've temporarily replaced bedtime stories!

Then there's been the surprise messages from old classmates, past boyfriends, old colleagues, friends of friends- these have lifted my spirits so much because I never expect people to remember me, let alone feel driven to get in touch.  Thank you.

My bestest friend in the whole world whose family has adopted me and the girls and are just some of the most awesome people I have ever met,  the ridiculously fantastic community we have landed in who have not only accepted us but made us feel like we have lived here a thousand years. You can never underestimate how comforting it is to know people to say hello to in the street.
.
Not forgetting my family,  who put up with all the ranting,  drive all this way, clean up, cook, restore order, endure more ranting yet still come back.

Finally,  my beautiful,  intelligent,  witty,  inquisitive,  hilarious, kind and thoughtful girls.  I've never had a talent or been good at any job I've done but in my children I'm bursting with pride.

My third lesson- to count my blessings and remind myself how beautiful life is.


No comments: